Friday, May 29, 2009

Pesto-Alfredo With Chicken

The other night I cooked one of our favorite meals. Really fast & simple.
The hubby loves it, says I'm a genius for having "invented it" LOL Not really sure if I invented anything but it's pretty darned yummy none the less.

~Cook 1lb of your fav pasta according to the dircetions
~Mix 2 packages of Pesto mix (The powdered kind near the meatloaf mix, taco seasoning etc) according to it's directions.
Add 1 jar of Alfredo sauce to the pesto mix once it is done cooking. Stir well, Then heat until both sauces are evenly warmed.

Toss pasta & sauce together & top with grated cheese.

It's also really good if you toss in some of your fav veggies like mushrooms or red peppers!!

I also baked some Tequila lemon pepper chicken that turned out very tasty & went well with the pasta.

I used 2 1lb bone/skinless chicken breasts, put them in an oven safe dish & cover with 1 cup of water. Add 1 shot of Tequila, salt N pepper to taste, 1 teaspoon nutmeg & paprika & a couple dashes of hot sauce. Mix well & allow chicken to soak in the mixture for a couple of hours. Once you're ready to cook it drain out the remaining marinade & dust chicken with lemon-pepper seasoning before putting into the oven. I baked mine on about 400 for around 30 minutes

2 comments:

  1. mmmmm yum! This recipe will go in my rotation.

    You are the sweetest person ever, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually a really yummy "recipe", very simple, we love it!

    Aww thanks, lol, sometimes I wonder though. Pregnant hormones tend to rage with me alot lately!! :-D

    ReplyDelete