Sunday, August 16, 2009

Darkness & Light

Tuesday afternoon my step-dad finally passed away due to cancer. I'd went to see him a few days before & he looked so horrible, I've never seen anything like it & I hope to never have to again. He was totally out of it due to being on so many pain meds & he looked like a barely living skeleton with saggy skin. It was the most horrible thing I think I've ever seen. I was so upset about it, that I kept having to run to the bathroom & just cry & cry. Guess it's a good thing I'm 8 months pregnant because everyone just thought I kept having to go potty. I'm happy that he's no longer suffering & I suppose that's why I'm not nearly as upset about his passing. The funeral was Thursday & afterwards I ended up just going back to my aunts with my mom & sister & staying there until Saturday after my baby shower.

My baby shower was nice, granted pretty unorganized & odd, but still nice. It was just more or less a family gathering with finger foods & gifts, lol. My little Frost got tons upon tons of clothes. My mother said "I've NEVER EVER been to a baby shower & seen someone walk away with so many new outfits & other stuff for their baby!!" So I think my little Frosty will be set for her first few months anyway.

Also last week I was informed via email that I won two more blog contests, wow that's now 4 contests I've won in less than two months!! I've never won any kind of contest until recently, lol, I should play the lottery or something!! Granted I'm winning small things here & there but it makes me happy & gives me hope that things will get better for myself, the hubby & our families.

The first contest I won was for a book called Year of the Cock: The Remarkable True Account of a Married Man Who Left His Wife and Paid the Price. I won this from http://www.luxuryreading.com
The second contest that I won was from http://www.anutinanutshell.com I got really lucky & managed to snag myself a Tend-A-Tot 6 in 1 tote!! I did get a diaper bag at my shower yesterday but it's kinda small so This one that I picked out will come in super handy I'm sure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment